Tribal Vocational Rehabilitation ...
To provide quality and culturally appropriate Vocational Rehabilitation services to American Indians with Disabilities consistent with their individual strengths, resources, priorities, concerns, abilities and informed choices, so that they may prepare for and engage in gainful employment that is compatible with their disabilities.
The CSKT Tribal Voc Rehab program has been providing Vocational Rehabilitation services to eligible American Indians with Disabilities to obtain employment. This program is a federally funded Section 121 American Indian Vocational Rehabilitation program and must compete with other Federally recognized Tribes to obtain funding.
Build awareness of the WSVR program to increase the number of VR customers served Provide culturally appropriate VR services for eligible Tribal members. Evaluate Project to ensure program services are provided per federal grant.
Applicant must have a mental or physical disability (i.e. learning disability, orthopedic condition, loss of hearing, spinal cord injuries, etc.) that can be confirmed by a Professional documented information supports the Applicant's disability prevents the applicant from obtaining or keeping a job. Applicant must be a Tribal Member of the Confederated Salish & Kootenai tribe and must reside on the Reservation. There must be a reasonable expectation that the provision of VR services will lead to employment.
Types of services offered by the TVR
- Services that are needed to find employment
- Training or education, if needed, to help you find employment
- Special equipment or technology which may help you hold a job (e.g. tools or special work clothing)
- Vocational counseling and guidance to assist you in selecting an employment goal
- Evaluations, if necessary, to determine your job skills or interests
- Transportation to your training or job sites (e.g. fuel vouchers and or DHRD transportation.)
- On-the-job training, job search assistance, or job interview skills
- development to help you get that important job
Rehabilitation Technology and assistance
Expectations of the Applicant
- Participate fully, be flexible and willing to try new things
- Comply with all doctor's or counselors treatment recommendations
- Keep all scheduled appointments
- Communicate openly and honestly with the VR Counselor
- Share medical information with the VR Counselor
Please call to make these arrangements to complete an application with Staff: Shaunda Albert at firstname.lastname@example.org